Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 438547
nas: pkg split
Last modified: 2010-10-22 19:23:35 EDT
Slightly in the same vein as bug #253748 (not start nasd by default), but this
is more along the lines if introducing a package split for functionality and
space savings. What I'd propose to be considered is a new -libs subpkg that
contains libasound.so.* only.
This provides a few benefits:
1. apps linking against nas wouldn't pull in any extra baggage (payoff being
space saved for live images)
2. -libs split makes multilib easier
3. nasd would be installed/started by default only when main 'nas' pkg is
installed, for those who want it.
working on importing into rawhide.
* Mon Apr 07 2008 Rex Dieter <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 1.9.1-4
- -libs subpkg (f9+, #438547)
- %%install: INSTALLFLAGS='-p' (preserve timestamps)
- fixup %%changelog whitespace
*** Bug 460986 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***