Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 438728
Upstream Miro 1.2 released
Last modified: 2008-04-09 01:22:30 EDT
Description of problem:
miro 1.2 released.
get it while it's hot: http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/pculture.org/miro/src/
Please notice me in this bug, when Miro 1.2 will reach Rawhide.
reassigning to version rawhide - sorry for not doing that before
OK, rebuilt on koji:
should be included in tommorrow's rawhide. I'd appreciate it if you could
download the RPM and try and manually install it. According to the blog post:
this is supposed to properly support xulrunner
although the release notes only specifically mentions the xulrunner fix in the
In any case, I managed to remove most of the xulrunner patch and it still built,
(although setup.py still required patching). Haven't had a chance to test
myself but hopefully this will move us closer to closing bug #393521.
I just tested it and it fails to start with the following output:
[dennis@nexus ~]$ miro
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/miro.real", line 135, in <module>
File "/usr/bin/miro.real", line 95, in startapp
File "/usr/bin/miro.real", line 31, in startup
from miro.platform.frontends.html.Application import Application
line 33, in <module>
from miro.frontends.html.main import HTMLApplication
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/miro/frontends/html/main.py", line 40,
from miro.frontends.html import templatedisplay
42, in <module>
from miro.platform.frontends.html.HTMLDisplay import HTMLDisplay
line 37, in <module>
from miro.platform.MozillaBrowser import MozillaBrowser
undefined symbol: _ZN12nsCharTraitsIcE12sEmptyBufferE
OK apparently the release notes in the blog post:
"On Windows and Linux, we updated to XULRunner 1.9, which brings memory and
is (partially) incorrect. xulrunner support was only added for Windows, see:
Unfortunately the Linux xulrunner-related bug (which I originally opened) has
not yet been touched:
So it builds, but doesn't run. This isn't really any worse than the previous
1.1.2 which built but wasn't really usable (bug #393521), although that version
didn't crash. Unfortunately the xulrunner patch that I applied to 1.1.2 doesn't
apply to 1.2.
Alex, they care about Linux like people care about orphaned dogs...
They probably aren't interested in replacing GtkMozEmbed on the left with
appropriate GtkTreeView, which would only make an performance improvement...
According to this blog entry there is a snapshot 1.2.2 that runs at least on
Ubuntu with xulrunner 1.9. I tried getting it to work on F9 but failed:
I got it to compile (some #include directives were missing) but it still doesn't
work properly when started.
(In reply to comment #6)
> According to this blog entry there is a snapshot 1.2.2 that runs at least on
> Ubuntu with xulrunner 1.9. I tried getting it to work on F9 but failed:
Thanks! I'm already on the bug that's mentioned in the blog post:
but for some reason Will didn't post the blog post on the bug.
> I got it to compile (some #include directives were missing) but it still doesn't
> work properly when started.
Since this bug is really about updating to 1.2, which is already done (about to
push F-7, F-8 builds too) I'm going to change this bug to be for F-8 and it will
close once F-7 and F-8 builds are pushed to updates (stable).
There is already bug #393521 for tracking the xulrunner issues, if you want to
track the xulrunner status, please Cc yourself to that bug.
Miro-1.2-1.fc8 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 8
Miro-1.2-1.fc7 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 7
Miro-1.2-1.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update Miro'. You can provide feedback for this update here: http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F7/FEDORA-2008-2852
Miro-1.2-1.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
Miro-1.2-1.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.