Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 439089
Code assist (or code completion) doesn't works when project shared
Last modified: 2009-01-09 01:15:34 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; ru; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20080208 Fedora/18.104.22.168-1.fc8 Firefox/22.214.171.124
Description of problem:
When I shared mine project to team (via eclipse's cvs client) the code completion (code assist) stops working. This problem also happened a bit earlier with me, when I've tried to create mine project as simple import of the project.
The problem can be "solved" until next commit to the community if I create a new C++ project. copy the files I need to it's directory structure and in the project explorer hit refresh on the project. (Importing the project doesn't helped). Than the code assist becomes working. If I share mine new code to the CVS code assist again stops working in the project.
I'm also using the Qt Eclipse integration.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create the C++ project
2. Write code using code-assist :) (it's handy)
3. Share your project to team.
4. Now try to run code assist. :( it's not working
The code assist doesn't works
Code assist still working
Changing the type of C\C++ indexer doesn't helped. Changing flag values on
- Index all files (files neither built, nor included, also)
- Skip all references (Call Hierarchy and Search will not work)
- Skip type references (Search for type references will not work)
- Automatically update the index
- Update index immediately after every file-change
doesn't helped also. Checked with different possibilities.
The same behavior with code assist appears to be, if I use genuine Eclipse with CDT platform.
the log records when I try to run CodeCompletion (or Code assist every call it
!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.ui 2 0 2008-03-27 00:33:09.026
!MESSAGE The 'org.eclipse.cdt.ui.HelpCompletionProposalComputer' proposal
computer from the 'org.eclipse.cdt.ui' plug-in did not complete normally. The
extension took too long to return from the 'computeCompletionProposals()' operation.
now I found the crude solution. to add to the field Files to-index up-front the
/usr/include/* param... now it seems to work normally...
This message is a reminder that Fedora 8 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 8. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '8'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 8's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 8 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 8 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2009-01-07. Fedora 8 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.