Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 439968
virt-manager does not check for disk space
Last modified: 2016-10-04 00:28:22 EDT
Description of problem:
virt-manager does not check to see if there is adequate disk space in the target
directory/mount point when installing to simple file.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. note amount of disk space in /opt
2. create a new vm disk in /opt that exceeds the free space.
3. virt-manager is happily start allocating blocks and then fails the complete
disk creation due to lack of space
1. should check for free space in target directory
2. - provide error condition and option to reselect location and/or size
This will be addressed in virt-manager-0.5.3 scheduled for RHEL-5.2
I've verified that is fixed in 5.2, so I'm closing this as CURRENTRELEASE.