Description of problem:
I just noticed that there are a number of languages that used to be on
the gdm language menu that no longer seem to be in the new gdm for F9.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot current pre-F9 rawhide
2. get to gdm and select a user to login
3. go to the language dialog:- Language: -> Other...
4. look for Assamese, Danish, Finnish, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam,
Marathi, Punjabi, Slovakian, Tamil, Thai, Telugu, or Vietnamese
4. all listed languages are missing
4. expect to see listed langugages - probably more were available in F8 gdm.
Peering through gdm-2.21.10/gui/simple-greeter/gdm-languages.c
I didn't notice any obvious filtering...
We are filtering out languages for which we don't have the necessary fonts
installed to write the language and country name.
hmm, Danish though? There's got to be a bug
should be fixed in gdm-2.21.10-0.2008.04.08.3.fc9. Please reopen if you still
Thanks for spotting this one!
Thanks looks good now - I see all the listed langs again. :)