Description of problem:
Cangjie 5 mis-categorized from Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese in
SCIM. Thought Cangjie 5 could also output Simplified Chinese, it was initially
designed for Traditional Chinese users. It is appropriate to appear in both
categories or just in TC, but not solely in SC.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install scim-python-xingma and scim-python-xingma-cangjie packages.
2. Start gnome desktop.
3. Start im-chooser, select SCIM as default.
5. Start gnome desktop.
6. Right click on left most icon on scim toolbar and select "SCIM setup".
7. Ensure CangJie 5 is enabled (already in SC category...).
8. Click OK and save.
9. Logout and back to gnome desktop.
10. Start scim with ctrl+space.
11. Click on the 2nd icon from the left of toolbar.
12. Move to Chinese (simplified) and look for CangJie 5 in submenu. (Also check
Cangjie 5 is in Chinese (simplified) category.
Cangjie 5 is in Chinese (traditional) category.
Uninstall of scim-python-xingma, scim-python-xingma-cangjie (even
scim-python-xingma-*) the Cangjie 5 is back to TC category.
Fixed in scim-python-0_1_11-1_fc9.
Changing version to '9' as part of upcoming Fedora 9 GA.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Caius could you please confirm and close if this is ok?
It is located in TC group now correctly. Great job!
It would be even better, if user could distinguish new and old CJ5 easier.
Having icon and name differs from original ones, such as temporary using the
icon of Python Pinyin and changing the name to "Python Cangjie 5".
I trust you might have better solutions.
This bug could be closed as resolved if the suggestions in comment #4 is cloned
as new bug report, or there is already a recorded plan of such improvement in
next package release.