Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 443769
overwrite dialog shows utf8 Desktop/ as utf-8 bytestream
Last modified: 2008-04-23 13:20:07 EDT
Description of problem:
If one tries to overwrite an image in a localized Desktop directory,
the warning dialog shows the name in the filepath as a utf-8 byte stream
not the native name. Not sure if it is a "feature" but it looks ugly.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. login to a new desktop account in Japanese say.
2. Press PrintScreen and save screenshot.
3. Take another screenshot and try to overwrite the first one.
3. Dialog with utf8 byte stream.
3. UTF-8 filepath to appear in native characters.
Passing the filename to a shell gives "No such file or directory".
(It would be better not to translate the names on disk IMHO but that is
Created attachment 303449 [details]