Description of problem:
1) it shouldn't tell the user to restart the transaction. It should just restart it
2) when triggered from the 'review updates' screen, it hangs the update progress
thing, which needs to be manually dismissed
2) If you do right-click->Update System on the icon, the GPG key adder is never
triggered (and it isn't at all obvious how you would trigger it if you don't
know it's in the 'update review' dialog)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1) In master it does - in fact it handles the interaction much better - but the
change is very invasive
3) Yes - I could fix this for F9 if you wish, but it'll be the same bodge as the
others. Yell if you want me to do it.
How invasive is invasive? As it's the first release we've shipped with PK, I'm
not concerned about the ABI. :) If nothing else, it should probably queue a
refresh so it's not waiting for the next scheduled check to tell you that
updates are still available.
Is #2 fixable as well?
Also, for #3, it displays 'The system update has completed', when it hasn't.
Are we loading the keys (rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora*) at
firstboot/anaconda now? If so, this bug is very low visibility. Is not, then
very high visibility. Jeremy was being a bit vague on irc in the meeting, so I'm
not sure what was decided.
3) fixed in http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=47841
Key imports are happening in anaconda for F9, which significantly reduces the visibility of these problems.
I think this can therefore be moved from the blockers to F9Target (we'd still like to see fixes ASAP in F9
Moving back for the moment - I consider the built fix a blocking need (as it
prevents updates). The other two bits are just potential enhancements.
Tested the packages, they fix issue #3. Closing.