Description of problem:
After a period of inactivity on the keyboard around 1..2 minutes (unrelated to
the Gnome screensaver timeouts of about 10 minutes), gnome-power-manager insists
on setting the laptop TFT panel backlight to a preset brightness value.
Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad T60 with ATI X1400 on AC power.
The leven gnome-power-manager dims the backlight down to is the one
set in the "On AC Power" tab in the "Power Management Preferences".
Unchecking the "Dim display when idle" has no noticeable effect.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot system
2. Log in, start Gnome
3. Adjust TFT display brightness to fit ambient lighting
4. Read web page for a minute or two
5. Watch gnome-power-manager dim the backlight
6. Curse and re-adjust backlight brightness with keys
5. Read for another few minutes
Changing version to '9' as part of upcoming Fedora 9 GA.
More information and reason for this action is here:
This appears fixed on F-10.