Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 446159
Review Request: xesam-tools - A toolkit for Xesam compliant services
Last modified: 2008-06-28 23:15:26 EDT
Spec URL: ftp://czar.eas.yorku.ca/pub/xesam/xesam-tools.spec
SRPM URL: ftp://czar.eas.yorku.ca/pub/xesam/xesam-tools-0.6.1-1.fc9.src.rpm
Description: xesam-tools provides Python packages to interface with Xesam
compliant services as well as a command line tool to use directly.
It also features a framework for easily implementing xesam compliant
servers via the xesam.server package. There are two examples bundled
with this distribution. Namely demo/xesam-yahoo-service and
demo/xesam-dummy-service. Both include a small header describing
The implementation uses gobject and the Python dbus bindings for the gobject
mainloop. There's no gui, only a command line application (xesam-tool).
I'm going to assume that the tests here are similarly not runnable. I couldn't
get them to run, at least.
The upstream web site seems to be down now, but I think a more specific URL
would be good if possible.
The only thing I'm not sure about is the license. The code doesn't have the
expected license blocks, but PKG-INFO and setup.py both say "GNU LGPL 2.1" so I
would have to assume LGPLv2 and not LGPLv2+ as you have. This should definitely
be clarified with upstream, and "License: LGPLv2" used in the interim.
Honestly that's the only thing I see that requires fixing, so you can just
change it when you check in.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
? license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
license text not included upstream.
license text included in package.
latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
xesam-tools = 0.6.1-1.fc10
python(abi) = 2.5
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
APPROVED, just fix up the License.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: xesam-tools
Short Description: A toolkit for Xesam compliant services
Branches: F-8 F-9
Cvsextras Commits: yes
I did fix up the License, and it's now built for rawhide and F-9. Thanks.