From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
It seems that imapd has some kind of timeout for some commands. There is a
time out that makes imapd recieve SIGALRM (14) when imapd is used with MS
Outlook. Netscape downloads attachements seperately from the message, and
it works fine (imapd either does not set a timeout for such commands, or
it sets it too high).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. You must have a big message (>1MB if you have little bandwidth, use >10
or 20MB if you are on LAN, you need more than 60 secs of tranfer time)
stored in an account not served by Cyrus IMAP.
2. From MS-Outlook try to move this message to your Cyrus IMAP account in
3. Outlook terminates the action with message: Can't open/move item. The
server did not respond to this command before the connection was
4. In syslog you may find (not always): master: process 17516
exited, signaled to death by 14.
5. If step 4 is not true for your case, you can also check the pid of
imapd that served you (it logs your authentication) and verify that this
pid is not running.
Actual Results: Cyrus IMAP exits before completing the request.
Expected Results: Cyrus IMAP should open/move/write the message.
It happens only with MS Outlook. Netscape works but it transfers
attachements in a different way.
Closing as WONTFIX due to end of life of the Power Tools product line. Please
open a new bug report under the Red Hat Linux product if the component is still
included in the base Red Hat distribution.