Spec URL: http://www.kanarip.com/custom/SPECS/spin-kickstarts.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.kanarip.com/custom/f9/SRPMS/spin-kickstarts-0.01-1.fc9.src.rpm
Description: A collection of kickstarts used to compose the Live Media released by the Fedora Project, including templates for localization.
Targeted CVS branches, but not for this particular SRPM as it is release specific configuration files: F-8, F-9, EL-5, devel
Note: It has no documentation (yet)
I thought I was going to say that this is the easiest package ever, but then it
failed to build:
configure: error: no suitable Python interpreter found
I added a build dependency on python and it built fine. I'm sort of confused as
to why python is needed or what actually gets built here. It looks like you
could just copy the files from the tarball into place and dispense with
configure altogether, although I guess you could in the future do some kind of
spin-kickstarts.src: W: strange-permission spin-kickstarts.spec 0600
No idea why this happens to some packages; I think the permissions get set
weirdly like that if you use rpmbuild -ta. It's not worth fixing this as it's
not really a problem. (It's not mode 666 or anything like that.)
spin-kickstarts.noarch: W: no-documentation
As expected; not a problem.
You should probably terminate the sentence in %description with a period.
You should include the COPYING file as %doc. (Which conveniently will eliminate
the rpmlint complaint.)
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK (well, could use a period)
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
X license text upstream but not included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
X BuildRequires missing python.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (after fixing BuildRequires)
* package installs properly.
* rpmlint has acceptable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
spin-kickstarts = 0.01-1.fc10
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
- There's was a renegade AM_PATH_PYTHON in configure.ac which I've fixed;
- Including the COPYING file (as well as NEWS AUTHOR and README)
New SPEC: http://www.kanarip.com/custom/SPECS/spin-kickstarts.spec
New SRPM: http://www.kanarip.com/custom/f9/SRPMS/spin-kickstarts-0.01-2.fc9.src.rpm
rpmlint is now "silent" and keeps complaining about the weird permissions for
the .spec file in the source rpm
Looks good: license text is in the package and python is no longer required to
build. %description still isn't a complete sentence, but that's no big deal.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: spin-kickstarts
Short Description: Kickstarts for different Spins of Fedora
Branches: F-9, devel
Cvsextras Commits: yes
When is this going to be built? (Reopening for now:)
We can build it now for rawhide I suppose.
I just found this:
The release cycle including freezes and so forth is part of the release schedule of the package, yes.
Now that we are past beta for f10 surely it would be good to complete this review?
The review is completed, unless someone thinks that I need to look over the package again.
(In reply to comment #11)
> The review is completed, unless someone thinks that I need to look over the
> package again.
Sorry: I meant it would be good time to build this now for f10 final.
Built for rawhide from the master branch