Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 448319
livna causes software update to hang
Last modified: 2008-10-14 09:08:20 EDT
Description of problem: installing packages from livna causes the software
updater to hang.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: Happens every time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/
2. Click link to FEdora 9 repository RPM
3. Back in Fedora, under System menu click Administration, then Add/Remove Software
4. I was looking to install Gstreamer packages. Pick any from livna, and install.
5. After steps, Software Updater hangs. In the lower left is a status saying
"Waiting for other tasks to complete."
6. "Waiting for other tasks to complete" doesn't go away until reboot.
7. On reboot, the software has not been installed.
Software Install hangs; have to reboot to clear it.
When it hangs, what's the output of pkmon?