Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 449027
Initial notification for case change of group not being sent
Last modified: 2012-06-26 16:47:44 EDT
Initial notification for case change of group not being sent - may be firewall,
may be bug.
When a case is changed in issue tracker from one group to another (escalated)
notifications go out when a change to the case is made.
The users are not getting the initial notifications that they have new cases in
their queue (A new case has been entered in your queue).
I believe that this is what is happening:
- csp sends notifications on case changes, new attachment, new comment, status
change, etc. All users in the product group.
- csp sends notification of new case to all people in the product group when a
new case is created.
- if a case is in a group, and gets escalated, i.e. from jboss support to jboss
- ON, the ON group never gets any notification
at all on initial assignment of the case. They will get subsequent notifications.
I believe that what is happening is:
- case escalated to internal jboss group
- case doesn't change anything else
- no notification is being sent out
- IT doesn't send out the notification because it's a jboss group.
Closing my open Issue-Tracker requests.