Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 450067
RHEL4 U6 storage test traceback on swap label
Last modified: 2011-01-24 18:04:10 EST
Description of problem:
The storage test produces a traceback on RHEL4 U6 ia64:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./storage.py", line 456, in ?
returnValue = test.do(sys.argv)
File "/usr/share/hts/lib/hts/test.py", line 226, in do
File "./storage.py", line 413, in run
File "./storage.py", line 176, in getSwapLabel
swapString = blkidCommand.getString().split(" ")
File "/usr/share/hts/lib/hts/command.py", line 108, in getString
line = self.output.strip()
IndexError: list index out of range
Bug found during RHTS test run:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
HTS 5.2 R14
Does that mean we cannot test HWCert on RHEL4.6 untill RedHat fixes the HTS test
Is there any work-around ?
We've been unable to reproduce this failure. If you're seeing it, could you
supply the details?
Linking to IT #189826 which contains details of a repro from IBM
fixed in hts-5.2-19
Can I have the patch of storage test fixed to run on HTS-5.2-16 to completed my
HWCert tests ?
hts-5.2-19 is not released yet, could you please try following steps as a
work-around for this issue:
1) remove un-necessary disks from the system, meaning if a disk is not needed
to be tested, just dis-connect it;
2) if you're using LVM, make sure every volume group has at least one swap
3) if you're not using LVM, make sure every HD or every RAID volume has at
least one swap partition;
4) make sure all swap partitions are active(you can see them all in /proc/swaps);
5) run the command "hts clean" to clear all previous results(please backup
these result files if necessary);
6) run the command "hts plan" to generate a new plan;
7) run the command "hts certify --test storage"
There are 3 hard disks in the systems I ran the test before: sda contains
RHEL4.6 GA OS and a swap partition; sdb, and sdc didn't have any partitions
created. As suggested in comment#11,
I created a swap partition in each of sdb
and sdc and made them active and show up in /proc/swaps. Then the storage test
passed on three disks.
Can I use this work around results to submit for the HWCert ?
Yes, these work around results can be used for HwCert.
Fix will not be in HTS 5.2 R19. It's currently in HTS 5.3 R1.