Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 451142
Review Request: haddock09 - documentation tool for annotated Haskell source code
Last modified: 2008-06-18 21:51:52 EDT
Spec URL: http://core.serpentine.com/haddock09.spec
SRPM URL: http://core.serpentine.com/haddock09-0.9-2.fc9.src.rpm
Haddock is a tool for automatically generating hyperlinked documentation from
annotated Haskell source code.
We already package Haddock 2.0, but Haddock 0.9 is required for building GHC and a number of other Haskell packages. This spec file is a revival of the last version of Haddock 0.9 that we packaged, in late 2007. I have tweaked it minimally to fix up the naming.
I pinged the selinux folks about the %post scriptlet and they indicated that
that's definitely not the proper way to do things. For example, a relabel will
render things inoperable. At minimum it's necessary to use semanage to add a
context pattern and then use restorecon, but preferable that policy is updated
to supply the proper context for that executable (or, of course, to fix things
so that the special context isn't needed).
OK, I've gotten rid of the %post script. I also cleaned up the spec file so
that source and binary RPMs pass rpmlint, the thing is built with optimisation
(!), and the generated binary is properly stripped (brp-strip doesn't touch the
I don't see any changes; the new package still has the same rpmlint complaints.
Sorry, forgot to correct the release number in the SRPM after I cut and pasted.
Here's the corrected link: http://core.serpentine.com/haddock09-0.9-3.fc9.src.rpm
Oh, heh, browser caching.
It seems odd to use the name of the package in the summary, since you get things
haddock09 - Haddock documentation tool...
but it's no big deal.
Otherwise everything looks good to me.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
haddock09 = 0.9-3.fc10
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
Wonderful, thanks. I'll change the summary to something more sensible :-)
Summary: Haskell documentation tool for annotated source code
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: haddock09
Short Description: Haskell documentation tool for annotated source code
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Thanks for all the help, tibbs!