Description of problem:
If it doesn't breal the universe and Fedora dependencies please update gnome-do
to 0.5 version.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0.5 Requires an updated gtk-sharp2, gnome-sharp and gnome-desktop-sharp. Untill
that happens, you'll have to stick with 0.4. Sorry.
Is it updated in rawhide to 0.5?
Can you please just give me advice if you would recomment me to go and ask that
gtk-sharp2 and others get updated or is something you don't recomment I try?
Do you plan to add this update ?
How can i help you to do it?
Mario, you can help us "comiendole el matambre a el satanico Dr. Low" :D
Please, ignore comment #4 ... just bad copy/paste....
file bugs against the required components and get those maintainers to input on
such updates and their impact, then make this bug block on those bug reports.
It's likely to be a lot of work.. oh and don't double post please.
If I try to build 0.5, I get stuck looking for gnome-keyring-sharp. Is this part
of another package, or something stand-alone?
Could you install gnome-keyring-devel?
Could you install gnome-desktop-sharp-2.0 package?
I am standing on that step...
(In reply to comment #9)
> Could you install gnome-keyring-devel?
> Could you install gnome-desktop-sharp-2.0 package?
> I am standing on that step...
Unfortunately it appears that gnome-desktop-sharp has not yet been submitted for
review as a Fedora package and that gnome-sharp has been prematurely updated in
rawhide (and initally submitted to F-9 via bodhi) to 2.20 because it moved a
number of features (such as gtkhtml) to gnome-desktop-sharp which doesn't exist yet.
Could gnome-do 0.5 please be build for rawhide, it's still causing broken deps:
gnome-do-0.4.2.0-2.fc10.i386 requires mono(gconf-sharp) = 0:188.8.131.52
This is particularly well overdue because the whole reason the mono breakage
happened because gnome-sharp was bumped to 2.20 in order for gnome-do to be
updated to 0.5!!
If other packages (other than gnome-sharp and gnome-desktop-sharp) need to be
updated as well to allow gnome-do to be updated 0.5, please consider contacting
those maintainers and get them to update. At this point we can't go backwards
to the old gnome-sharp 2.16 in rawhide, so we may as well go forwards and clean
up the mess it created...
Sorry bother him, but as I have no answer for updating these library I was
trying to compile gnome-0.5, I have no other option but to wait for updates.
Sorry for the inconvience caused by gnome-do in the last weeks. I was the only
maintainer and I'm currently away on holiday. I have however, succeeded in
getting a co-maintainer who should be able to update the package soon. If not,
I'll have a go at it myself when I get back.
Yeah!..Thanks for all men!, when you return from your holidays?
Sorry for ask it again, but the problem to update gnome-do isn't it the update
and dependency of the version of the library gnome-sharp?
(In reply to comment #15)
> Sorry for ask it again, but the problem to update gnome-do isn't it the update
> and dependency of the version of the library gnome-sharp?
gnome-sharp *has* been updated to 2.20 but only in rawhide, not F-9. When
rawhide is sorted out and the fallout from the soname bump is completely
resolved then we can consider a bump in F-9, which may not happen if the
potential breakage is considered to be worse than the benefits of updating.
(i.e. updating a large portion of mono stack for a single optional package may
not be feasible/desirable).
0.5 now in Rawhide. Please report any issues. As noted above, Fedora 9 update won't happen unless we can do it smoothly, at the moment it doesn't look like we can. Closing this as WONTFIX, please re-open if conditions for a gnome-sharp somehow become smoother.