Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 452093
Xorg does not start up after kernel upgrade to 220.127.116.11-65.fc9
Last modified: 2008-06-22 06:31:57 EDT
Description of problem:
After upgrading to the latest F9 kernel build 18.104.22.168-65.fc9, Xorg
stops working on an ATI Radeon X800. During start-up, the monitor
goes to power saving mode due to a missing video signal. The system
needs a hard reset to reboot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot F9 with kernel 22.214.171.124-65.fc9.
Monitor goes to power saving mode. System is locked.
Boot-up procedure completes successfully.
- The latest entry in the changelog reads
* Fri Jun 20 2008 Dave Airlie <firstname.lastname@example.org> 126.96.36.199-65
- update radeon patches to newer upstream
which is obviously the cause of the issue.
- Reverting to kernel-188.8.131.52-64.fc9 restores normal operation.
Created attachment 309843 [details]
Xorg.0.log in case of failed system boot procedure.
Issue also occurs for kernel-184.108.40.206-65.fc9.i686 after reverting to
the x86 version of Fedora 9.