Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 453488
can't reuse guest name without restarting virt-manager
Last modified: 2009-04-03 06:35:24 EDT
Description of problem:
If I install a guest under virt-manager and then delete it and install another
guest under the same name in virt-manager: the console for the new guest refuses
to appear. Workaround is to quit virt-manager and start it again and voila.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install a guest OS (call it "rawhide1")
2. later delete rawhide1 from virt-manager
3. try to reinstall "rawhide1" as a new guest
3. Press Finish in install setup does not bring up console window for rawhide1
(I think it flashes up and then disappears.) Pressing Finish again and a message
appears saying it is already running.
3. new console to appear normally
It is annoying having to restart virt-manager for this.
*** Bug 453009 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I think this may be fixed in 0.6.1 or earlier.
Okay, this was filed against F9, but since it's fixed in rawhide and easy to work around, I'm closing the bug. Thanks Jens.