Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 453591
[PATCH] sg3_utils api breakage breaks compilation and running of podsleuth
Last modified: 2008-09-24 20:13:08 EDT
Description of problem:
My iPod stopped turning up in Banshee 1.0 and I noticed the following when
Found an iPod device, but it is not known by PodSleuth:
Error: org.podsleuth.* properties are missing
Block Device: /dev/sdb2
Mount Point: /media/DAVIDS IPOD
Cause: PodSleuth may not be installed properly, the HAL daemon may need
to be restarted and/or the device needs to be refreshed.
SElinuix complains a whole lot.. again when inserting the iPod, so I set it to
be permissive but that did not bring about any magic solution.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
the above error
glorious feeling of being screwed by apple rather than podsleuth
Turns out this is a udev bug, which is already filed as 451320
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 451320 ***
reopening, the bug reoccured even with udev-124-1.fc9.2.x86_64 installed.
Created attachment 312081 [details]
podsleuth debug information
It turns out that podsleuth is complaining that libsgutils.so.1 is missing,
depending on sg3_utils-libs looks to be the solution?
I did a bit more digging on this and it turns out that sg3_utils had some api breakage which podsleuth needs to be updated for.
adding Phil Knirsch (sg3_utils maintainer) to cc for information on what changes are required.
Sorry, Dan Horak did the API update, add him instead of Paul.
Created attachment 313872 [details]
sg3_utils api patch
Stab one at the api patch, podsleuth compiles but I am still seeing the error for some reason.
updated spec and srpms:
There was an update (in Rawhide only) of sg3_utils at the end of June and repoquery returned lsvpd, libgpod and libipoddevice as the only users of the libsgutils library. All of them were patched and rebuilt. To fix the dependency you should just recompile and relink against libsgutils2 instead of libsgutils. See http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/libgpod/devel/libgpod-0.6.0-sg3_utils-1.26.patch?rev=1.1&view=auto for an example.
Created attachment 313873 [details]
version of the patch actually in the srpm
doh, attached the wrong version.. still doesn 't work right though.
I think this should be
Created attachment 313877 [details]
working patch for the sg3_utils stuff, srpms above has been updated. Well spotted Dan.
Now all podsleuth complains about is 458537
This package has now been orphaned, hopefully someone will be able to pick it up and resolve the reported bug soon.
podsleuth unorphaned; 0.6.2 going to be pushed for F-9 updates soon.
podsleuth-0.6.2-2.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9.
podsleuth-0.6.2-2.fc8 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 8.
podsleuth-0.6.2-3.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9.
podsleuth-0.6.2-3.fc8 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 8.
podsleuth-0.6.2-3.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
podsleuth-0.6.2-2.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
podsleuth-0.6.2-2.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
podsleuth-0.6.2-3.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.