Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 453875
RHEL5.2 OpenSSH section corrections
Last modified: 2016-06-17 17:10:28 EDT
there are at least two errors:
1) The statement "This process will not work if the user logs in using
the SSH protocol." is incorrect. I have successfully tested this with
2) The order of the steps 1-3 is wrong. I believe a simple chage -d 0
username will do the trick, but even running usermod -p "" updates the
chage results so that the password is not expired, so running step 3
negates step 2. I am also not sure why step 1 is necessary.
Thanks for your attention!
-- Hydraulic Engineer, Water Resources Group UC Regional Office, Bureau of
Reclamation work: 801-524-3879 fax: 801-524-3847
Changed status to ON_QA.
What I've done is as follows:
* Removed the SSH-related statement as suggested in the
original bug report; there is no reason for SSH not to
work in this case, and I have successfully checked that
* Removed redundant `usermod -L <username>' step.
* Added reference to Shadow Passwords section.
* Added `-l' to the list of useradd command line options.
* Changed the order of steps as suggested in the bug report:
the original order was not correct and could not work at
* Rephrased some sentences where necessary.