Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 454907
the system.listBaseChannels method doesn't
Last modified: 2008-09-25 09:04:02 EDT
Description of problem:
The system.listBaseChannels api method is supposed to "Return a list of
subscribable base channels." What it actually returns is apparently a list of:
1) the current base channel
2) custom channels that you can subscribe to as the base channel
It should return all subscribable base channels so you can set a new one with
the setBaseChannel method.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set base channel for server (in this example auto_test_2, 1012737455) to a
Red Hat channel, for example RHEL 4 AS
2. run attached script against server
3. change base channel to a custom channel, for example GRGRHEL5Parent
4. run attached script again
The first time it will list RHEL 4 AS and GRGRHEL5Parent.
The second time it will only list GRGRHEL5Parent
Both times it should list all available base channels; the same as what you see
in the drop-down.
Created attachment 311500 [details]
test for api method
Fixed in r118963 - the content is now identical to the one displayed in the pulldown widget on SystemChannels.do page.
verified in dev
verified in qa