Net-SNMP has been re-based to upstream version 18.104.22.168. This update adds Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) support (as per RFC 3873, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3873.txt) and introduces two new configuration options (to be used in /etc/snmpd.conf):
* 'dontLogTCPWrappersConnects' - suppresses logging of connection attempts.
* 'v1trapaddress' - enables administrators to set an agent's IP address inside outgoing SNMP traps.
This update also features several bug fixes from upstream, including:
* The snmpd daemon now functions properly on systems with more than 255 network interfaces. In addition, snmpd also reports an error now when it is configured to listen on any port higher than 65535.
* A race condition that caused the snmpd daemon to leak file descriptors when reading from /proc is now fixed.
* The snmpd daemon now correctly reports hrProcessorLoad object IDs (OID), even on multi-CPU hardware. Note, however, that it takes approximately one minute from daemon startup to calculate the value of the OID.
* The net-snmp-devel package is now dependent on the lm_sensors-devel package.