Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 455347
Setting GPRS APN in applet GUI makes no effect
Last modified: 2008-11-02 17:16:00 EST
Description of problem:
If you set GPRS APN in NM applet GUI, it will not be passed to modem in
appropriate AT command.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. add line "daemon.* /var/log/daemon" to /etc/rsyslogd.conf and restart rsyslog
2. With GPRS modem or mobile phone connected, go to "Mobile Broadband"
configuration menu and press Edit on "Auto GSM" connection
3. Set APN to something like "blabla"
4. Try to establisg GPRS connection
5. Run command "grep blabla /var/log/daemon"
no match found
Following string should appear:
Should be fixed in latest NM updates (svn4022 and later)