Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 45568
grip crashes after a 2nd CDDB request
Last modified: 2014-03-16 22:21:20 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.77 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2 i686)
Description of problem:
When grip takes a long time to retrieve CDDB data for unknown disks:
1. I cancel the CDDB request clicking on the specific button
2. I restart the CDDB request clicking again
=> grip crashes, sometimes with core.
=> seen on RH 7.0 and 7.1 (perhaps also 6.2)
3. I re-run grip, and then the audio CD is known, every track has a title,
Steps to Reproduce:
1. cancel the CDDB request clicking on the specific button
2. restart the CDDB request clicking again
Actual Results: grip crashes and sometimes with core.
Expected Results: No crash !
You may want to try using the grip package located in
http://people.redhat.com/RPMS. It should work properly for you.
Please let me knopw if this does it for you or not.
that works better with http://people.redhat.com/timp/RPMS/
I'll check if your RPM fixes the problem.
I've just download and install
I still reproduce the problem by clicking 3 or 4 times on the CDDB request
No core but, the following message on the command-line:
+ Real-time signal 0 grip
Works for me ok with 3.0.5-x