Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 456773
VirtualBox IDE Secondary Slave install crash
Last modified: 2008-08-04 09:54:19 EDT
Description of problem: Install crashes if you have IDE Secondary Slave drive
on VirtualBox 1.6.2 running on Windows XP or Vista.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 5.1
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install VirtualBox 1.6.2 on Windows XP or Vista
2. Create new Red Hat Guest
3. Hard Disks, IDE Primary Master 8GB
4. IDE Primary Slave 1GB
5. IDE Secondary Slave 1GB
6. Boot from rhel-5.1-server-i386-dvd.iso
7. Only need to install to first disk, don't need to do anything with others.
8. Uncheck all package options only need core.
9. Some time after format or install starts it will crash.
Actual results: Install crashes guest
Expected results: Install should run and complete
Additional info: Tried same thing with Fedora 9 and no issues.
Created attachment 312721 [details]
vbox log file from crash
Please attach the anaconda traceback you are receiving to this bug report. Thanks.
I don't know that I have an anaconda traceback.
I just get a message the virtualbox.exe has died and to send debug info to
microsoft. To submit the bug it made me pick something so I picked anaconda.
Since I think something is going on when the format happens.
It appears to be fixed in VirtualBox 1.6.4
So I would say it isn't a Red Hat bug.