Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 457196
Review Request: pymetar - METAR weather reports parser for Python
Last modified: 2008-10-08 06:03:27 EDT
Spec URL: http://thias.fedorapeople.org/review/pymetar/pymetar.spec
SRPM URL: http://thias.fedorapeople.org/review/pymetar/pymetar-0.13-1.src.rpm
This library downloads the weather report for a given station ID, decodes it
and provides easy access to all the data found in the report.
NOTE: This is not the same library as the one already packaged as python-metar.
**Unofficial quick look ** Looking for sponsor
Just looked at the spec file.
If I'm reading this right, the entire local python site-libs dir is included as
part of the generated package??
This is the line under %files...
This does not seem right...instead the package should declare a dependency on a
package or packages I would think.
If these python dependencies do not have packages in Fedora yet, then they may
need to have new ones created.
If the actual dependency is only on standard parts of the default python install
then a dependency on python should be included.
Never mind - closer inspection shows my interpretation is wrong.
* Source URL is canonical
* Upstream source tarball verified
* Package name conforms to the Fedora Naming Guidelines
* Group Tag is from the official list
* Buildroot has all required elements
* All paths begin with macros
* All necessary BuildRequires listed.
* Files have appropriate permissions and owners
* Rpmlint does not find problems
* Builds fine in koji: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=769550
* Package installs and uninstalls cleanly
Thanks for your quick review, Brian!
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: pymetar
Short Description: METAR weather reports parser for Python
Branches: F-8 F-9
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Rebuilt the the packages a while back, but forgot to close this review. Doing so now. I've now updated to 0.14 too.