Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 460311
Errata Search: searching for 'apache' results in unrelated results
Last modified: 2009-01-12 14:21:53 EST
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to RHN
2. Make sure RHN is populated w/ systems and errata and have the Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v. 4 for 32-bit x86) channel synced
3. Navagate to "Errata" on the main navigation bar
4. Navagate to "Advanced Search" on the left pane menu
5. The "Erratum Search" page should appear
6. In the search box, type "apache"
7. Make sure "All Fields" are selected in the "what to search for box"
8. Click "search"
Errata "RHBA-2007:0712" is included which is a cachefilesd errata and doesn't have anything to do with apache.
Only errata related with apache (httpd) would be present
Not sure if the scores need to be trimmed, but I wouldn't think this should be returned.
This matches because "cachefilesd" is close to "apache"
Notice cache and apache both share "ache".
The search server is using NGrams for searching which allows flexibility on spelling, therefore hits like this will show up.
The hits returned are ordered by score, so the better matches will be higher on the return list.