Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 460633
directory in panel unnecessarily changed
Last modified: 2013-07-02 19:31:14 EDT
1. change directory in panel to /foo
2. switch to bash (now with cwd in /foo), run some long running command
3. switch back to mc panels, change directory to /bar
4. switch back to bash, the long running command exits, cwd in bash is still /foo
5. switch back to mc panels again, mc switches automatically the directory to /foo
5. is the bug.
Suggestion how to fix it:
If mc finds out that the cwd of bash in 1. and 4. is the same (/foo in our case), it will not change the directory in the panel but changes the cwd in bash to /bar.
It is now fixed in rawhide.
I don't think the fix is completely right - the current behavior can be seen as regression, because now if I change cwd in the bash it will never change cwd in the panel anymore. I just wanted to put a priority on the cwd changed by user in the panel over the cwd in bash.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 10 development cycle.
Changing version to '10'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
mc-4.6.2-4.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9.
mc-4.6.2-4.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.