Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 461268
CSV exports ignore locale, miss important information
Last modified: 2014-05-09 06:21:14 EDT
Description of problem:
The server list CSV export, e.g. at https://<satellite>/rhn/CSVDownloadAction.do?__CSV__exportColumnsParam=exportColumns_1680466951&___CSV_pageListData=pageList_1680466951&__CSV_uniqueName=1680466951
has two problems.
1. The 'Date' field ignores browser locale settings and always exports with MM/DD/YYY date order, which is not used outside of North America and can lead to confusion.
2. Again, the 'Date' field uses the 12-hour clock, which is inappropriate for technical use.
3. The 'Base Channel' is not exported in the CSV, even though it is shown on the Systems screen.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHN satellite 5.1.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to the 'Systems' screen
2. Click on the 'Download CSV' link at the bottom of the list of systems
As in Description
We have not addressed this specific bug for over 4 years. This bug was reported as either Satellite 5.0 or 5.1, both of which have now End of Life and not supported. I am closing out as wontfix to clear from backlog.
Please re-open if you disagree and wish further review.