Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 461500
Unable to save kickstart using SCP
Last modified: 2013-09-02 02:27:13 EDT
Created attachment 316098 [details]
Description of problem:
Unable to save traceback using SCP method.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
$ /usr/sbin/snake-tree info
No data source used
Name : Fedora development i386 (20080908)
Arch : i386
Id : 1220873581.13
Version : development
Family : Fedora
Time : 2008-09-08 07:33 EDT
Images : i386 (kernel, initrd, boot.iso), xen (kernel, initrd)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot into vmlinuz+initrd.img from
2. Append updates=http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/traceback.img
3. When traceback dialog presenting, click Save
4. Enter user, passwd, host, filename
There was a problem writing the system state to the remote host.
anacdump saved on remote host
* I don't see any additional output written to tty[1-5] when this error message occurs.
* I'll attach the anacdump.txt that was used ot trigger the problem, but this will only indicate the expected traceback.
Created attachment 316099 [details]
Attaching expected anacdump.txt file that was manually transferred from tty2 using the `scp` command. Note, this file represents an expected traceback ... I'm just attaching in the event that there is some additional logging data that might help triage.
This will be fixed in the next build of anaconda.