Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 462344
Searching for ! CC'ed ... doesn't work
Last modified: 2013-06-24 00:09:55 EDT
Description of problem:
When I search for all bugs which email@example.com is not CC'ed in, I get a full list of bugs which I *am* cc'ed in. I've tried both Boolean Query and non-boolean advanced query methods from the web-interface and xmlrpc.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Current production 3.2
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open up advanced query page
2.Select RHEL 5 (to limit results)
3.Add Partner to keywords field
4. Add new boolean search
CC - Does Not Contain String - firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Check bugs returned for CC:email@example.com
Returns bugs which have CC:firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns bugs which don't have CC:email@example.com
Thanks for reporting this issue problem has been verified, and working currently on a solution.
Glad to hear! Thanks for getting right on it. It's important for me to have this functionality for my bug tracking requirements.
This is an upstream bug as well.
This is not a bug and should instead be done as described below:
Upstream comment as they closed the bug:
This is working fine. As described in upstream bug 72977, you cannot use "doesn't
contain" as all bugs with 2+ users in the CC list would be returned (because
there is at least one other user in the CC list, which would match "doesn't
contain"). What you have to do is to use "NOT CC contains firstname.lastname@example.org", which
returns the expected list. I tested on b.m.o, which runs 3.2rc1+.