Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 462430
CVE-2008-4096 phpMyAdmin: Code execution vulnerability (< 188.8.131.52)
Last modified: 2008-10-01 14:17:21 EDT
Description of problem:
phpMyAdmin < 184.108.40.206 contains a not yet clearly documented security bug:
"Welcome to this security update for phpMyAdmin 2.11.9. Details will follow
on http://phpmyadmin.net. Marc Delisle, for the team"
Additional info (http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php?relnotes=0):
Fixes for 2.11.9.x:
- bug #2031221 [auth] Links to version number on login screen
- bug #2032707 [core] PMA does not start if ini_set() is disabled
- bug #2004915 [bookmarks] Saved queries greater than 1000 chars not displayed
- bug #2037381 [export] Export type "replace" does not work
- bug #2037375 [export] DROP PROCEDURE needs IF EXISTS
- bug #2045512 [export] Numbers in Excel export
+ [lang] Norwegian UTF-8 original file remerged
- bug #2074250 [parser] Undefined variable seen_from
- (220.127.116.11) [security] Code execution vulnerability
phpMyAdmin-18.104.22.168-1.fc8 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 8.
phpMyAdmin-22.214.171.124-1.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9.
phpMyAdmin-126.96.36.199-1.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
phpMyAdmin-188.8.131.52-1.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
libraries/database_interface.lib.php in phpMyAdmin before 184.108.40.206 allows
remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary code via a request to
server_databases.php with a sort_by parameter containing PHP sequences,
which are processed by create_function.
This issue was addressed in: