Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 463298
virbr0 loses it's routing when managed by NetworkManager
Last modified: 2009-02-02 12:58:46 EST
Description of problem:
When switching between networks (eth0 -> wlan0, wlan0 -> eth0), virbr0 loses it's routing to the outside 'net.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Establish a link using NetworkManager.
2. Start a VM (I'm using KVM + Qemu).
3. From the VM ping an IP or hostname on the outside net (ping www.redhat.com).
4. Restart the NetworkManager connection (left-click on the NM applet and click on the interface that is currently running to re-negotiate with the network).
5. From the VM ping an IP or hostname on the outside net (ping www.redhat.com).
libvirtd should notice when the machine changes networks and recreate an appropriate routing table.
Can't reproduce here
Could you try running these commands before and after you restart the connection:
$> brctl show
$> iptables -L -v -n
$> ps -ef | grep dnsmasq
$> ifconfig -a
$> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
I suspect it might be related to bug #467687
Created attachment 330653 [details]
before reconnecting w/ NM
Created attachment 330654 [details]
after reconnecting w/ NM
I recently upgraded to F10 and can't reproduce the problem, either. *shrug*
Take a look at the attached files - I don't see a smoking gun, but it sure sounds like bug #467687 and this are related.
(In reply to comment #4)
> I recently upgraded to F10 and can't reproduce the problem, either. *shrug*
> Take a look at the attached files
Ah, okay - these log files are from a system that the problem isn't occurring on
> - I don't see a smoking gun, but it sure sounds like bug #467687 and this are
Yeah, I think we can be fairly certain that it was the same issue. Marking as duplicate, but do re-open if it comes back and looks different.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 467687 ***