Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 463757
configuration files web.xml from tomcat5-webapps are not marked %config
Last modified: 2014-12-01 18:15:27 EST
Description of problem:
In the '%files webapps' section of the tomcat5 .spec file, no file is marked %config, and thus all the web.inf files used for configuring the webapps do not get handled properly by rpm.
For example the file /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/webdav/WEB-INF/web.xml is used for configuring the webdav access, but it gets overwritten on package upgrade.
Reading the main tomcat configuration file /etc/tomcat5/web.xml there is a comment:
<!-- WARNING: Do not configure application-specific resources here! -->
<!-- They should go in the "/WEB-INF/web.xml" file in your application. -->
which would indicate that /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/*/WEB-INF/web.xml is the place for user configuration, and so that it should not be destroyed by the system.
And BTW, how does that come that *any* configuration files are stored under /usr/share ?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install some old version of tomcat5-webapps
2. Enable the webdav extension by removing the comment marks in the appropriate section of the file /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/webdav/WEB-INF/web.xml
3. Restart tomcat5 service
4. Send some valid write request to http://yourserver:8080/webdav
5. You get 200 OK in response
6. Upgrade the tomcat5-webapps package
7. Restart tomcat5 service
8. Send some valid write request to http://yourserver:8080/webdav
you get 403 Forbidden in response
you get 200 OK in response