Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 464790
qemu bios images source code not packaged
Last modified: 2009-03-25 10:44:48 EDT
The qemu and kvm packages contain some binaries that are bundled on the kvm and qemu source tarballs, but we don't package or distributed the source code for those binaries.
The binaries currently on the qemu and kvm source tress are on the qemu/pc-bios directory. They are:
- on qemu: Bochs 2.3.7 bios + bios.diff
- kvm has a 'bios' directory, so we distribute the source on the kvm case
- pxe-*.bin (Etherboot roms)
- On qemu: vgabios from CVS (-D 2006-03-26, it seems) + vgabios.diff
- kvm has a 'vgabios' directory, so we distribute the source on the kvm case
Being looked at:
- kvm: 'make bios'
- qemu: bios.diff applies cleanly on bochs 2.3.7 bios.
- maybe make a -bios subpackage of bochs?
- need to check if bios.diff breaks bochs usage or just adds functionality
- pxe-*.bin: bug #464621
- kvm: 'make vgabios'
- qemu: patch applies cleanly on a 'cvs update -D 2008-03-26' tree
- make a vgabios package?
To be investigated:
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 10 development cycle.
Changing version to '10'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
I suspect that this is why KVM doesn't support widescreen resolutions, as it would seem that a vgabios with widescreen support was actually checked-in to KVM last year:
Ubuntu appears to have already fixed this:
Eduardo: these images are built from source in rawhide, right?
(In reply to comment #4)
> Eduardo: these images are built from source in rawhide, right?
Yes. All images on the KVM package should be built from source, now, but this still needs to be solved for the qemu package. Probably we will be able to do more easily with the KVM and QEMU merge.
Ah, yes - I understand now.
Yeah, best to leave the bug open ... but it will probably only be fixed when we merge the packages.
Glauber: are we done with this, then?