Spec URL: http://lokthare.fedorapeople.org/temp/hachoir-core.spec
SRPM URL: http://lokthare.fedorapeople.org/temp/hachoir-core-1.2-1.fc9.src.rpm
Hachoir is the french name for a mincer: a tool used by butchers to cut meat.
Hachoir is also a tool written for hackers to cut file or any binary stream.
A file is splitted in a tree of fields where the smallest field can be just
a bit. There are various field types: integer, string, bits, padding, sub file,
I reviewed this package. Here are my notes :
* The package must obey python modules naming guidelines: Please see:
And the spec file will need to be renamed accordingly.
* Latest version is not packaged. Please update to the latest version.
* You should probably make a %check section and run the tests given in the test_doc.py
* There is a doc directory in the tarball. Should (at least, some of) the contents of that directory be packaged?
* You must have BuildRequires: python-setuptools-devel
Spec URL: http://lokthare.fedorapeople.org/temp/python-hachoir-core.spec
SRPM URL: http://lokthare.fedorapeople.org/temp/python-hachoir-core-1.2-1.fc9.src.rpm
- Update to new release
- Rename the package to match naming guidelines for python modules
- Add some files to the doc
- Run test
Sorry, give a wrong URL for the SRPM.
SRPM URL : http://lokthare.fedorapeople.org/temp/python-hachoir-core-1.2.1-1.fc10.src.rpm
Thanks for the update. We need to have one thing corrected and I also have a suggestion:
* I guess I should have been a little clearer. The python guidelines are slightly different for non-setuptools packages. You are using the guidelines as if the building is done by setuptools. Please check the setup.py file. In order to use the setuptools you have to pass the --setuptools flag to setup.py (in both %build and %install).
you can follow the non-setuptools guidelines at
but this will require a somewhat larger modification.
? Having a closer look, I think you should include all of doc/* in %doc. Those are files for use of graphviz and dia, and they might be useful for some people.
re-ping? is there anything wrong?
third ping? I'll close this bug if there is no response within 4 weeks.
Looks like we got a dead review here. Closing WONTFIX.