Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 465936
Evolution error connecting to exchange server in modified account
Last modified: 2009-12-18 01:31:24 EST
Created attachment 319626 [details]
Debugging output from Evolution
Fedora 10 Beta with evolution-2.24.0-2.fc10.x86_64 and evolution-exchange-2.24.0-1.fc10.x86_64 .
After having installed Fedora 10 Beta I tried configuring an Evolution account against an Exchange server. I didn't initially check whether evolution-exchange had been installed, so I wasn't able to choose the proper server type, and I just finished creating the account with more or less random settings.
I then installed evolution-exchange and reconfigured the account to point at the Exchange server, but as shown in the attached debugging output Evolution was unable to talk to the server. Clicking the Authenticate button on the Receiving Email tab in the account editor didn't show any errors.
After fiddling for some time with the user name, password and OWA URL I ended up completely deleting the account and recreating it with the exact same settings, and suddenly everything worked.
So - apparently there is some kind of difference between the account settings depending on whether the account is initially pointed at an Exchange server or not. As Exchange support isn't installed by default there is a risk that other people hit the same problem as well.
There is no ISA proxy between me and the Exchange server, so this doesn't immediately appear to be related to bug 454947.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 10 development cycle.
Changing version to '10'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, what version of evolution are you currently using? If your not having any more problems, would you please close the bug?
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
This on my daily workstation, so I have to admit that since I need to have it up and running I haven't (yet) tried setting up a new Evolution-Exchange account.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 10 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 10. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '10'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 10's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 10 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 10 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2009-12-17. Fedora 10 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.