Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 466430
Feature request: Wildcard (*) for key combination on cangjie5.
Last modified: 2009-02-04 20:48:01 EST
Description of problem:
Wildcard (*) usage provides convenience to users who are not familiar to key combinations of all characters.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum install ibus-table-chinese
2. start ibus
3. enable cangjie5 input method.
4. type replacing some key combination with a asterisk.
Cang Jie 5 on ibus doesn't support wildcard.
Please file upstream and link to the issue here.
Two parts might need to be updated:
- recognize '*' as special character and avoid its direct input.
- sqlite query (or multi queries with regex to filter) for results.
Created attachment 328431 [details]
github patch for upstream
Created attachment 328434 [details]
Patch for rawhide.
Attached patch for rawhide.
I think it is better to submit this patch to upstream at first.