Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 467408
Review Request: mingw32-jasper - MinGW Windows Jasper library
Last modified: 2009-03-16 15:42:42 EDT
Spec URL: http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel/?cmd=manifest;manifest=ea00554abe8421a9f5fb4506c9e6b35983a9005e;path=/jasper/
SRPM URL: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/mingw/fedora-9/src/SRPMS/mingw32-jasper-1.900.1-5.fc9.src.rpm
Description: MinGW Windows Jasper library
Approved MinGW packaging guidelines are here:
There are three MinGW-specific patches which need to be
Spec URL: http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/file/tip/jasper/mingw32-jasper.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/mingw/fedora-10/src/SRPMS/mingw32-jasper-1.900.1-5.fc10.src.rpm
Spec URL: http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/raw-file/tip/jasper/mingw32-jasper.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/mingw/fedora-rawhide/src/SRPMS/mingw32-jasper-1.900.1-6.fc11.src.rpm
* Fri Jan 23 2009 Richard W.M. Jones <email@example.com> - 1.900.1-6
- Use _smp_mflags.
- Disable static libraries.
- Include documentation.
- Use the same patches as Fedora native package.
- Just run autoconf instead of autoreconf so we don't upgrade libtool.
- +BR mingw32-dlfcn.
- Don't need the manual pages.
This review is done for the -7 release which is on the annexia.org webserver.
- The %defattr line must be %defattr(-,root,root,-)
- The purpose of the patches (or upstream bugreport) should be mentioned in the .spec file
- The patch 'jasper-1.701.0-GL.patch' has no effect as OpenGL support is disabled using a ./configure flag
- According to http://www.nondot.org/sabre/Mirrored/libtool-2.1a/libtool_5.html, the AM_DISABLE_SHARED macro is used for setting the default behaviour for building shared libraries. "The user may still override this default by specifying `--enable-shared'". So it should be sufficient to drop the 'jasper-1.900.1-mingw32.patch' patch and use '--enable shared' as ./configure flag.
- The patch 'jasper-1.900.1-mingw32.patch' can be simplified by only adjusting the Makefile.in. This prevents having to use autoconf while still archieving the same effect
Spec URL: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/mingw32-jasper.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.annexia.org/tmp/mingw32-jasper-1.900.1-8.fc11.src.rpm
* Mon Mar 9 2009 Richard W.M. Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 1.900.1-8
- Fix defattr line.
- Remove the enable-shared patch, and just use --enable-shared on
the configure line.
- Disable the GL patch since OpenGL is disabled.
- Document what the patches are for in the spec file.
- Only patch Makefile.in so we don't have to rerun autotools, and
remove autotools dependency.
Looks good. There's just a small rpmlint warning remaining which you might want to look into:
mingw32-jasper.noarch: W: spurious-executable-perm /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/lib/libjasper.dll.a
The package mingw32-jasper is approved by epienbro
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: mingw32-jasper
Short Description: MinGW Jasper library
Owners: rjones berrange epienbro
Branches: F-10 EL-5
mingw32-jasper-1.900.1-8.fc10 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 10.
mingw32-jasper-1.900.1-8.fc10 has been pushed to the Fedora 10 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.