Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 468070
Activation Key Packages Not Getting Installed During Virt Kickstarts
Last modified: 2008-10-30 23:06:27 EDT
Description of problem:
Packages listed to be installed as part of an activation key are not being installed when kickstarting a virtual guest.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create activation key with just a package to install. (tested with osad)
2. Create guest kickstart profile.
3. Associate kickstart profile with activation key.
4. Kickstart guest.
osad not installed.
osad should be installed. :)
Note that associating the exact same activation key with a *non* virt kickstart profile, osad installs fine.
This leads me to believe the problem is in the registration code. We've already seen there are several very disjoint paths through this code depending on how you're registering, I suspect virt registrations are forking another direction where activation keys aren't getting processed properly.
Two issues that I'd like your comments on:
1) In your "Steps to Reproduce", you are not specific on what method you are using to subscribe the system to the rhn-tools channel. Can you please provide that exact step (kickstart vs activation key)
2) This test is only covering a package from a child channel. Does this happen with base channel packages as well (a2ps, zsh, screen, etc).
Right now, there isn't enough information to accept this bug.
NOTABUG. I went back to verify and discovered I was doing something very stupid. Very stupid indeed.
osad gets installed if you actually apply it on the activation key instead of just calling your activation key "osad-key" and assuming that'll do the trick.