Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 468316
RFE: Need an online help brand in Publican.
Last modified: 2014-10-19 18:56:36 EDT
Description of problem:
Need a brand that will format online help for web applications, such as ovirt in a user-friendly fashion.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
On clicking the Help button on the web UI, the help documentation appears as html pages, in the format of a book, with a TOC, numbered chapters and sections.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click Help button
2. Document displays in a standard "book" format.
Clicking the Help button displays document that is formatted and delivered as a book.
Clicking the Help button should display document that is formatted and delivered as online help.
1.TOC should be in the left hand frame as is currently done in for the desktop versions
2. HTML output should be chunked so as to deliver only the relevant information
3. Numbering should be removed from all section headings
4. Search and Index tags should be available in the TOC panel
5. Users should be able to search from within the TOC panel
6. Every page should have the navigation buttons
7. Document Conventions should be removed from the Common Content for online help.
8. Open in its own browser window with virtually no chrome.
9. Help window should be resizable, but with a fixed minimum width
10.User should be able to can view both the app and the help at the same time.
This would take approximately 2 to 3 weeks of dedicated effort to achieve.
The idea is, IMHO, deeply flawed.
Assigning to mhideo for assessment.
Mike, if you want this done you will need to clear the time allocation with kbaker.
Added Kev to CC.
Removing public list from internal bug.
will look at this after docs.redhat.com goes live. - Mike
Closing as WONTFIX for now.