Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 470702
Review Request: L-function - L-function calculator
Last modified: 2009-03-22 18:00:58 EDT
Spec URL: http://konradm.fedorapeople.org/fedora/SPECS/L-function.spec
SRPM URL: http://konradm.fedorapeople.org/fedora/SRPMS/L-function-1.2-1.fc9.src.rpm
A library and a command-line executable that do computations on a class
of special functions called L-functions. Among others, this class
includes the Riemann zeta function and the Ramanujan tau function.
Task info: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=993881
Indeed, this still builds fine on rawhide and rpmlint is silent.
The tarball name is simply "L", which would be a rather poor package name; "L-function" seems a reasonable replacement.
Does the -devel package actually require the main package? There are no headers or anything, and the main package doesn't seem to have anything that would be necessary for development. Also, the description for the devel package mentions header files, which don't seem to be there. I note that there are headers in the source archive but I'm not sure if they're supposed to make it into the final package.
Have you considered enabling the PARI support?
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper (none).
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
? final provides and requires:
L-function = 1.2-1.fc11
L-function(x86-64) = 1.2-1.fc11
L-function-static = 1.2-1.fc11
L-function-devel = 1.2-1.fc11
L-function-devel(x86-64) = 1.2-1.fc11
? L-function = 1.2-1.fc11
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
I installed and ran the examples in the README file and it seems to work,
although I have no idea if the values are actually correct.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* static libraries present:
No shared libraries are generate, so static libs are in the -devel package.
-static is provided.
* no libtool .la files.
The package review process needs reviewers! If you haven't done any package
reviews recently, please consider doing one.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Does the -devel package actually require the main package? There are no
> headers or anything, and the main package doesn't seem to have anything that
> would be necessary for development.
I was Require'ing it for the README and COPYING, but maybe that's not needed. What do you think?
> Also, the description for the devel
> package mentions header files, which don't seem to be there. I note that there
> are headers in the source archive but I'm not sure if they're supposed to make
> it into the final package.
I have added them to the devel/ package.
> Have you considered enabling the PARI support?
This failed to build for me:
g++ -Wa,-W -O3 -Wno-deprecated -DINCLUDE_PARI -ffast-math -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -lpari -I../include -I/usr/include/pari -c Lcommandline_elliptic.cc
In file included from Lcommandline_elliptic.cc:23:
../include/Lcommandline_elliptic.h:35:66: error: pari.h: No such file or directory
I guess there's a missing build dependency.
Yep, it's missing pari-devel. Added it and tested in mock:
(In reply to comment #5)
> Yep, it's missing pari-devel. Added it and tested in mock:
.spec file isn't updated it's still 1.2-2 not 1.2-3
Sorry, updated now, same URLs.
The new package builds fine and includes the header files in the proper place. Everything looks good to me.
Thanks for the review.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: L-function
Short Description: L-function calculator
Build in rawhide, closing.