Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 472517
Fast double-click to select word followed by a right click to get context menu seems to use previous context
Last modified: 2009-03-19 09:37:46 EDT
Description of problem:
I get the wrong spelling suggestions sometimes, suggestions from another incorrect spelt word that I've recently visited. Does affect e.g. gedit or openoffice.org or firefox or xchat.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% for me
Steps to Reproduce:
(UK/Ireland dictionaries in this case)
Into the message composer type
both should be underlined as incorrect, right click on incorrectB and get a suggestion like "correctable", don't correct it. Right click on wrongB and get a suggestion like sarong, don't correct it. Fast double-click on incorrectB followed quickly and follow with a right-click and get "sarong" etc as suggestions, i.e. the ones from wrongA. Click inside incorrectB to deselect it and now right click and get the "correctable" suggestion.
Other variants include getting no spelling suggestions sometimes, and instead a delete table entry, probably depending on where the cursor was before the double-click
"I get the wrong spelling suggestions sometimes", sigh, you wouldn't know that I'm (nominally at least) a native English speaker
Heh. Confirmed. I'll check this out.
Changing component, since I can also reproduce this on the test editor program that ships with GtkHtml.
Think I found the problem.
The context menu is only refreshing itself if you're _not_ right-clicking in a selection. The right answer is to always refresh, selection or not.
Furthermore, and this is arguable, but the original intent was to _not_ display spelling suggestions if you're right-clicking in a selection. It's sufficient to just right-click on the word without highlighting it.
We should probably check whether the selection contains only a single word and display suggestions in that case, but I'll have to deal with that separately. With the fix I'm applying here you should at least get consistent results now.
I've fixed this upstream. There's a new release scheduled for Monday so I won't bother with a patch. I'll close this when Evolution 2.24.2 is packaged.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 10 development cycle.
Changing version to '10'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Closing, works great in F-10 for ages