Description of problem:
I have Asus eee 701 that has AR5007 (AR2425) Atheros chip. Wireless worked out-of-the-box and I could see all networks and connected to my WPA network but I can't surf web sites :(
I tried pinging my adls router and I get a lot of drop packages and ping times over 2000ms :(
After compiling madwifi-hal and blacklisting ath5k wireless started working perfectly.
I also tried "Connection sharing" with eee conected through wire and created a new wireless connection for others to connect to. I tried with one client to connect to asus eee AP but it also got a lot of dropped packages :(
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Fedora on Asus eee 701
2. connect to a wireless network3.
1. Connect Asus eee 701 to adls router via UTP cable
2. Create new wireless network with NetworkManager on eee
3. Use other laptop to connect to newly created netowork
I tested it again after updates and it works now great.
Really strange... so please close this bug.
Closing as its resolved. The ath5k was undergoing fairly quick development.