Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 474501
DSGW doesn't lets directory manager delete a entry
Last modified: 2015-01-04 18:35:14 EST
Description of problem:
The directory server gateway doesn't allow authenticated directory manager to delete a already existing directory entry from the web UI.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The following are the steps.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open up web browser. That is firefox
2. Give this URL : http://<serverip>:<adminserver port>/dist/download
3. Under Services for Administrator -> Directory Server Gateway -> Authenticate -> Authenticate as Directory Manager -> Give Password 'directory' -> Return to Main -> Advance Search -> Search for some user you like.
4. Page showing the user information comes up.
5. Click on Edit person button
6. A new page opens up which let's you edit the person's details. Click on the delete person button now.
A new firefox window pops up with the following url:
but that doesn't have any confirmation message in it but again the old links to authenticate, add a new entry and advance search.
It should have asked for a confirmation from the administrator and after giving his confirmation should have deleted the user's entry.
If required feel free to ask.
I was not able to reproduce. Once I hit the Delete Person button, I did get the correct confirmation dialog. The dialog has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside next to the text Delete this person? and Ok and Cancel buttons. Pressing Ok deleted the person, as confirmed by doing a search.