Bug 474625 - Packages on UpgradeConfirm.do have "null" name
Packages on UpgradeConfirm.do have "null" name
Product: Spacewalk
Classification: Community
Component: Server (Show other bugs)
i386 Linux
low Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Jay Dobies
Jesus M. Rodriguez
Depends On:
Blocks: space05
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2008-12-04 12:41 EST by Chase Putans
Modified: 2009-09-17 03:08 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2009-09-17 03:08:47 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Chase Putans 2008-12-04 12:41:14 EST
Description of problem:
When attempting to confirm packages for upgrade, the list of packages contains many that are labeled with the name of "null".  The ones that are "null" are the ones that have not actually been "viewed" in the package list.  If, for instance, there are 75 packages to install, and you select to show 75 packages, check them all, and hit Upgrade Packages, those packages will not have their correct name.  If you were to only show 20, hit select all, and hit Upgrade Packages, only those first 20 would show their actual names.

How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:
1.  Find a box that needs packages to upgrade
2.  View only the first page of packages.  Hit the select all button.  Hit Upgrade Packages
Actual results:
Many null-named packages

Expected results:
All packages with correct names.
Comment 1 Jay Dobies 2009-02-10 17:12:32 EST
I tried this on my build of 0.5 and I can't reproduce it. Below are the steps I took:

I had a machine with 160 package updates pending.
I navigated to Software -> Packages -> Upgrade
The table showed just the first 20 packages.
I clicked the "Select All" button. The comment above the table indicated 160 packages were selected.
I clicked the Upgrade Packages button. This brought me to the confirm page with the default 20 items shown.
I changed the page size to be 100. All 100 packages in the table showed their correct package name.
I tried again, this time leaving the page size at 20 and using the navigation controls to go to the next page. Same result, package names were shown.

Is there a way you can try this again with a 0.5 installation and let me know if it still happens? Alternatively, is there a step I'm missing in my above description?
Comment 2 Jesus M. Rodriguez 2009-02-20 09:27:57 EST
This sounds like an elaboration problem with datasource. If you can't recreate it, maybe it was fixed. Look through the git logs for the action of the confirm page to see if someone fixed it.
Comment 3 Jay Dobies 2009-03-06 10:49:38 EST
I took a quick peek around. Most of that code hasn't been touched since the initial git migration. I didn't see any changes that looked like they would affect it.
Comment 4 Jesus M. Rodriguez 2009-04-14 10:12:00 EDT
Spacewalk 0.5 released.
Comment 5 Miroslav Suchý 2009-09-17 03:08:47 EDT
Spacewalk 0.5 has been released for long time ago.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.