Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 475450
Can not show idle time
Last modified: 2008-12-09 21:24:40 EST
Description of problem:
Can not show buddy's idle time
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch pidgin and login msn.
2. Click Buddies->show to check "Idle times" and "Buddy details".
Make sure there are someone idle.
3. Observe the information of the buddies whose status are idle.
"Idle" is shown under nickname without idle time.
"Idle" is shown under nickname with idle time.
I don't believe the MSN protocol supports the display of idle times. Do the official Windows Messenger clients support it?
It's my fault, Idle time display when I login Yahoo account.
What is the function of "Minutes" in tool->I'dle mak'er->Set Account Idle Time.
No matter how many minutes I set, it always works the same.
1. Buddy idle immediately when I Set Account Idle time.
2. Buddy unidle until I Unset Account Idle time.
3. Buddy's Idle time begin from 0 minute. (At first, I think the "$" Minutes I set is the supposed time， so the Idle time should begin with $)
These three effects always the same, where does "$" Minutes work？
"3. At first, I think the number of minutes I set is supposed to be the number of minutes that the Idle time begins with."
Yes, that is correct. That is the intended behavior, however it is not supported by all protocols. It should work correctly for AIM. I think it does not work correctly for Yahoo because I think idle time on Yahoo ALWAYS starts at 0. I don't know about other protocols.
Suqin, I appreciate that you are testing it, but is it really necessary to write such reports about the tiniest minutiae like this? Certainly we have bigger problems elsewhere that need testing and careful reporting.
Regarding Idle Maker, I always thought it was only a joke that is occasionally amusing to use, but of no practical value.
Since the original issue is not a bug, closing.