Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 476635
nagios: update to version 3.0.6
Last modified: 2009-08-20 16:55:26 EDT
Description of problem:
Nagios 3.0.6 has just been released.
Major changes (from http://www.nagios.org/development/history/nagios-3x.php)
3.0.6 - 12/01/2008
* Fix for CGI submission of external commands (writing newlines and submitting
* Fix for Apache group membership in RPM spec file
* Fix for improper notification propagation command processing
* Better out-of-disk-space error handling when writing retention and status files
* Disabled adaptive check and eventhandler commands for security reasons
* Fix for reading output from system commands (event handlers, etc) that have
* Added wildcard host matching in CGIs
* Fixes for playing audio alerts in CGIs
* Fix for incorrect host status links in status CGI when viewing hostgroup
* Added support for x509 cert authentication in the CGIs
The upstream patch for "* Disabled adaptive check and eventhandler commands for security reasons" is here:
3.0.6 is in Rawhide for two weeks. Is Ethan releasing a 3.0.7 to fix the security shortly or do we have to include the patch ?
(In reply to comment #1)
> 3.0.6 is in Rawhide for two weeks.
Can you also build it for Fedora 10?
> ... Is Ethan releasing a 3.0.7 to fix the
> security shortly or do we have to include the patch ?
The patch is already included in version 3.0.6 (file base/commands.c line 2897).
According to the changelog file the next nagios version will have the 3.1.0 tag
Nagios 3.0.6 builds in Rawhide, but not in F10.
Koji pulls a 3.0.5 in and I have no idea why. Could you have a look please ?
$ cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/pkgs checkout -r nagios-3_0_6-1_fc10 rpms/nagios/F-10
cvs checkout: Updating rpms/nagios/F-10
$ cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs/pkgs checkout common
cvs checkout: Updating common
$ make srpm
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 2670k 0 1120 0 0 44764 0 0:01:01 --:--:-- 0:01:01 44764
100 2670k 100 2670k 0 0 5111k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 5371k
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2735018 Nov 24 21:06 nagios-3.0.5.tar.gz
rpmbuild --define "_sourcedir /tmp/koji/tasks/4934/1044934/scmroot/rpms/nagios/F-10" --define "_specdir /tmp/koji/tasks/4934/1044934/scmroot/rpms/nagios/F-10" --define "_builddir /tmp/koji/tasks/4934/1044934/scmroot/rpms/nagios/F-10" --define "_srcrpmdir /tmp/koji/tasks/4934/1044934/scmroot/rpms/nagios/F-10" --define "_rpmdir /tmp/koji/tasks/4934/1044934/scmroot/rpms/nagios/F-10" --define "dist .fc10" --define "fedora 10" --define "fc10 1" --nodeps -bs nagios.spec
error: File /tmp/koji/tasks/4934/1044934/scmroot/rpms/nagios/F-10/nagios-3.0.6.tar.gz: No such file or directory
make: *** [srpm] Error 1
The sources file was only updated after having being tagged.
* sources revision 1.18 is tagged as nagios-3_0_6-1_fc10 but
its content is the MD5 digest of the file nagios-3.0.5.tar.gz
You need to bump the specfile release and retag everything.
nagios-3.0.6-2.fc10 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 10.
thanks for the help. I hate CVS. The build worked.
nagios-3.2.0-2.fc10 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 10.
nagios-3.2.0-2.fc10 has been pushed to the Fedora 10 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.