Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 476845
Last modified: 2009-03-05 05:24:44 EST
Description of problem:
Trying to set language settings (Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Language), when giving OK oocalc hang completely. The window borders became dark gray, had to force quit. CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor showed both cores at 100% (usually it is 44%). I had an .ods, a .doc, and an .xls open at the time.
After recovery, the settings are as I wanted to set them.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Was there any specific language setting involved ?
Sorry, forgot that detail.
I had set a few cells to currency format in the .ods, and had to set the language from "Default" to "Spanish (Chile)". To avoid this in the future I went to set the language default to "Spanish (Chile)". I had also futzed around with Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> User data, and had saved those changes without trouble.
I can't make it hang for me. Are you able to get this to happen again from scratch ?
I am having a similar problem. I open a *.odt or a Word File, I choose File --> Save As and OpenOffice writer hangs :(, only option is to force quit. I try to export to PDF and same thing happens. Upon restarting OpenOffice writer gives me the option to do a recovery for the file which I was working on/(trying to save as or export to PDF). Instead of opening a new bug(might get a duplicate), I add my comments to this one. different platform though. not x86_64
[olivares@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa openoffice*
[olivares@localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.29-0.66.rc3.fc11.i686 #1 SMP Thu Jan 29 14:58:12 EST 2009 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
I confirm, same problem with i386 platform and older kernel :-(
I open a *.odt or a Word File, I choose File--> Save As and OpenOffice writer hangs :("
That is definitely bug 477174
This one is apparently different, it might be that the original hang happened on a gtk dialog in which case this becomes a duplicate of bug 477174, but the suggestion is that futzing with currency/language settings causes a hang
The libX11 bug is fixed, so if it was that then its fixed.
Otherwise I reworked the "set language from locale" stuff so if it was related to that original hackery, it should be gone as well.